Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year 2009 !!

This blog is hereby born on January 3d at 3 a.m. because I have no life.
It has been a while since I've published any of my personal work, and you might be wondering what I've been up to.
I've been casually working personal stuff throughout the past decade but never finished anything.

This break I decided to sit at home and try to wrap a few things up while keeping up with new and exciting advances in the computer graphics field such as normal mapping.I've been playing with a trial version of Mudbox 2009 and I'm absolutely buying this thing because it is sweet !! The interface is very intuitive, especially if you're used to Maya.
Here's what my first shot at detailing a leg looks like: this is a day's worth of trial and error. Anatomy is very not right and I did go a little crazy on the muscle bulging. But I believe when you start you gotta make it fun first then reel it in...
Below is the character the above leg belongs to. Man after working with Bosses on the god of war project I can't help but realise what an amateur I am when it comes to modeling...





















5 comments:

  1. Cool. Keep this blog going.

    - Hyun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dam.. you are working too hard, I better get my ass moving as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super chouette :) vive la cuisse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright some suggestions - I'm thinking clothingwise that you need something a bit more interesting, torn stockings, maybe a garter belt, thigh highs...i'll see if i can find some pictures.
    and hair well im not into the color, i'd either say pink or brown, and something with more movement, it seems a bit static.
    BUT i know its just a start, so i promise to keep commenting as you keep working ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she has thigh high socks already no ?
    I agree with the hair being static but that shall be taken care of in the animation.
    Long flowing hair is a pain to do, I am keeping it simple for myself. I try to limit the hair to buns, pony tails, pig tails, braids... loose hair is time consuming.
    Red hair is hot.

    ReplyDelete